Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chapter 6: Birthday Blues

Dear Journal:

I'm so fucking stupid!

I should've known! Now I know why Miraj was doing the things he wanted to do yesterday!


He didn't want to go to the park on the weekend, he wanted a good night's sleep for once.

I should've known!

How is it I'm so stupid not to realize why he did what he was doing?
How the hell did I forget my own little bro's birthday?!


Okay, okay, calm down, calm down. I'm calm.

Yeah, I did forget Miraj's birthday was today. But at the same time, it made everything suddenly make sense.

He wanted one last fun day as a kid before he got slammed face-first into puberty.

So, I quick ran out and got a cake for him. Didn't want him to be completely empty-handed on his birthday.


He seemed kinda disappointed that he didn't get much else. But he probably wasn't expecting anything fancy, and took what he could get.

I told him to live it up now. He wasn't exactly going to be living in a dream world when the hormones kicked in.

After that, it was just him blowing out the candles and waiting for things to change.

Well, they changed, all right. He was almost unrecognizable by the time the process was finished.


He didn't look like an innocent little boy anymore.

It was more like he was now more aware of how messed up the world was.

I almost told him, "Welcome to Hell", but I decided not to. I figured it would be best for him to learn about that sort of thing firsthand.

But then, maybe he'll get lucky, and not have such a hard time being a teenager.

Pfft. I can only hope.

(End of Chapter 6.)

No comments:

Post a Comment