Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chapter 8: Down in the Dumps

Dear Journal:

Sometimes I wonder what goes through my little bro's head.

I also wonder if he thinks everything completely through.

Apparently not.

When he said he wanted to try another route to make some extra cash, I told him he could help with the chickens.


He said it was a nice idea, but he wanted to try something else.

I thought maybe he wanted to get a job himself, or start a garden, or something.

Nope. His idea was...well, not what most people do for income. It was just...

Really, Miraj?


Dumpster diving?

Somehow I couldn't see Miraj even considering the idea. I mean, even I wouldn't consider it.

But he went through with it. Sort of.

He sort of found some things of value. Mostly broken chairs and all that. Not much we wanted.

What I wasn't a huge fan of was the aftermath. Miraj got things to sell, and...


I even told him, if he wanted to do this regularly, then either get an iron stomach, or get used to barfing.

Looks like he valued his lunch more than he valued digging through garbage.

Pfft. I don't blame him. But I did tell him to try something that didn't lead to projectile vomiting.


I'm so fucking glad he listened. Really, the last thing I wanted is a toilet full of my bro's puke.

Still, he said that he wanted to test other things, or something.

I say he needs to quit being a...whatever the fuck that French-sounding D word is. Pick a path and follow it.

Basically, don't turn into me, bro.

(End of Chapter 8.)

No comments:

Post a Comment