Sunday, May 4, 2014

Chapter 11: Love Hurts

Dear Journal:

I've never even considered dating. I mean, what's so great about it? Sure, I went on a date with Lisa once, but that was it. And she and I were better off as just friends.

Miraj, well, I can't really see him dating, either. But just because I couldn't see him with someone else, didn't mean it couldn't happen.


I heard him talking on the phone when I got off from work a few days ago. He was talking to Lisa's mom if Darlene was there.

Darlene. Why Miraj would want to hang with Lisa's little sister is beyond me. But there he was, asking if she could come over.

Last I saw her, she wasn't much taller than Miraj. But then, that was when I last saw her.

The girl that showed up later...



Hooooly Shit. 

No way in Hell that was Darlene. 

What, did that kid with the pigtails just suddenly get hit in the face with a growth spurt?

But Miraj confirmed it was her, as hard as it was for me to believe it. 

A little while after she arrived, Miraj made it clear why he wanted to talk with her. And by that, I mean it was the first thing he brought up with her. 

Little bro needs to learn subtlety and moderation. But then I hear him ask, 

"So you seeing anybody right now?" 


Yeah...NOT the best way to go about that topic, Miraj. 

But I guess Darlene didn't really care. She said that, no, she didn't have a boyfriend yet. 

If I really wanted to, I'd have smacked him upside the head right then and there, and told him not to rush things. Maybe Darlene wasn't interested.

Then she said that she wouldn't mind if she had one. So when Miraj said he was single, that maybe they could start dating. 


Darlene, I guess, accepted. The way she said, "Sure, okay" sounded kinda unsure. 

I told him not to rush things, because, well, there turned out to be trouble in paradise. 

He tried talking with her after school yesterday, but for whatever reason, she must not have been in the mood for chit-chat. 


"I don't know what I'm doing wrong," he said. Well, not so much said it as he whined it. "I tried talking to her, and she told me to go away." 

He asked me for advice, and I told him to just leave her be. She's probably just dealing with some personal problems. Best not to get involved. 

Just...Whether or not he was part of the problem, it was best to leave Darlene to sort it out herself. If she did ask for help, then go help. Otherwise, leave it. 


Besides, we have enough of our own problems. 

(End of Chapter 11.)

No comments:

Post a Comment